Be Safe briefings
They include information to increase staff awareness of safety.
These briefings are discussed at the monthly HSQE meetings, chaired by the HSQE director. Then they are cascaded to all operations staff in team meetings, and printed out for those who do not use a computer regularly.
Download the May 2017 Be Safe brief (377kb pdf) which includes:
- Mental health awareness week
- ‘Fire all out’ reports
The April 2017 Be Safe brief (507kb pdf) includes:
- Key influencer training
- Waste management
The March 2017 Be Safe brief (222kb pdf) includes:
- Eye and hand protection
- Our ‘Be right’ campaign
- Recognising the signs of depression and stress
- a warning about using hand-held devices while driving
- health messages about mental health and supporting one another, and testicular cancer
- Don’t store dirty gloves in your hat
- Thank you for Christmas working
- Working when you know it isn’t safe
- Take care of your back
The November 2016 Be Safe brief (105kb pdf) includes:
- winter working, especially slips and trips
- saving energy
- Christmas pay dates.
The October 2016 Be Safe brief (194kb pdf) includes:
- new key influencers
- people plant interface
- waste segregation.
Our commitment to health and safety – not just senior management, but embedded throughout the organisation – is an indication of how highly the VGC Group values all staff.