Be Safe briefings
They include information to increase staff awareness of safety.
These briefings are discussed at the monthly HSQE meetings, chaired by the HSQE director. Then they are cascaded to all operations staff in team meetings, and printed out for those who do not use a computer regularly.
Download the February 2107 Be Safe brief (251kb pdf) which includes:
- a warning about using hand-held devices while driving
- health messages about mental health and supporting one another, and testicular cancer
- Don’t store dirty gloves in your hat
- Thank you for Christmas working
- Working when you know it isn’t safe
- Take care of your back
The November 2016 Be Safe brief (105kb pdf) includes:
- winter working, especially slips and trips
- saving energy
- Christmas pay dates.
The October 2016 Be Safe brief (194kb pdf) includes:
- new key influencers
- people plant interface
- waste segregation.
The September 2016 Be Safe brief (101kb pdf) includes:
- breathing (dust, Stoptober)
- email and internet security.
- Protecting the environment
- Avoiding hand injuries
- Be careful working in hot weather.
The July 2016 Be Safe brief (107kb pdf) includes:
- Slips – why housekeeping is important
- Prescription medication
- Hand-arm vibration syndrome.
Our commitment to health and safety – not just senior management, but embedded throughout the organisation – is an indication of how highly the VGC Group values all staff.