Health, safety, quality, environment policy
Occupational health, safety, quality and environment policy
The VGC Group provides labour and price work services to the construction, civil engineering, rail and underground industries. This policy defines our commitment to all matters involving occupational health, safety, quality and the environment (HSQE).
At VGC we are committed to:
- Ensuring in so far as is reasonably practicable, the prevention of injury and ill health to all VGC personnel, contractors and other persons who may be affected by our activities
- Assessing the risks our activities present, and implementing control measures appropriate to those risks
- Producing policies, procedures and systems as necessary to ensure compliance with current legislation, rail, underground and other industry standards that are applicable to our activities
- Improving HSQE performance by reducing accidental loss to a minimum, not only in terms of personal injuries and ill health but also in terms of security and damage to property
- Applying a behaviour based safety approach to our business
- Measuring our safety culture through the Dimensions of Safety tool
- Adopting a sustainable social, economic and environmental approach to the way we do business, thus minimising our impact on the environment
- Providing adequate resources, training and information for the management of HSQE affairs
- Consulting with our personnel and other interested parties in the delivery and improvement of all HSQE matters
- Establish annual health, safety, quality and environmental objectives throughout our businesses, to ensure continued improvement is identified and maintained in accordance with BS EN ISO 9001:2008, OHSAS 18001:2007 and ENISO 14001:2004
- Having processes in place to measure our overall HSQE performance, behaviour and culture and, where identified, reward outperformance and correct negative practice
- Applying the ‘Worksafe’ process so no person working on our behalf is expected to carry out any task which is unsafe.
This policy will be reviewed every six months or as a result of changes to legislation, standards, best practice or company requirements. I trust that you will join us in a personal commitment to making VGC Group a safe and effective organisation.
Laurence McKidd, managing director