‘See it, share it’ charity week competition
We want to hear about best practice, where you’ve solved a problem, and opportunities for us to do better.
The best observation submitted during VGC’s charity week and up to 30 June will win a bottle of prosecco.
We ask everyone to share good practice and close calls. During charity week, we’re offering an additional reward.
The best ‘See it, share it’ observation submitted from 18 to 30 June will win a bottle of Rivamonte prosecco. The bubbly was our shortlisting prize from the Construction News awards (we’re shortlisted for Diversity Champion of the Year).
We’ll also donate to Samaritans for each of the winner’s reports all week.
How do you take part?
- Take a photo and send it (if it’s safe and permitted) 07876 448 119
- or email BeSafe@vgcgroup.co.uk
- or use the cards and reports already set up.
Remember that the Be Safe rules apply at all times. In an emergency call your labour manager, or the out of hours control centre on 07843 058 460.
What will qualify for the prize?
- good safe practice
- close calls
- places where you’ve solved a problem or made the worksite safer
- ways we can improve
Please only use your phone if it’s safe and you are allowed to do so.
We’ll also give £1 to Samaritans for every helpful ‘See it, share it’ observation submitted by the winner during the competition.
The more you submit, the more money for Samaritans!
Terms and conditions
- HSQE manager Richard Wheeler will judge all the observations submitted during charity week (18 – 25 June) and up to 30 June 2017.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- Anyone working for VGC from 18 – 30 June is invited to enter.
- VGC has a strict no alcohol policy: you will have to take the bottle home before you open it!
- Entries after the closing date will not be considered.
- We will notify the winner and his or her manager by 5 July 2017.
- The bottle of prosecco is the only prize on offer.
- If you win a prize, you agree to take part in reasonable publicity.
- The promoter is VGC Group whose registered office is at Cardinal House, Bury Street, Ruislip, HA4 7GD.
- The winner’s name will be available by writing within a month of the closing date, enclosing a stamped self-addressed envelope, to Zena Wigram, marketing and communications manager, at Cardinal House, Bury Street, Ruislip, HA4 7GD.
- Richard will choose the best entry: his decision is final.
- We will not be liable for any failure to comply with our obligations where the failure is caused by something outside our reasonable control. We reserve the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice.