Recruiting: labour managers
Because of our continued expansion, we need more labour managers to join our team.
- Rail labour manager: south west England and south Wales
- Labour manager: London area
- Labour manager: Midlands area
About the job
You will be responsible for recruiting and managing trades and labour staff on designated projects.
- Recruit people with the right qualifications, experience, competency and right to work in the UK
- Induct and place on projects to meet client requirements within their timeframes
- Champion the highest levels of compliance
- Maintain excellent relationships with clients
- Respond to client needs to ensure all contractual requirements are delivered quickly and effectively
- Liaise with clients including active participation in health and safety and monitoring of any issues
- With the client, monitor the performance and attendance of staff supplied to the project
- Ensure timesheets are accurate and forwarded to payroll in a timely manner
- Support and progress the company’s activities in relation to corporate social responsibility in terms of fairness, inclusion and respect, wellbeing, modern slavery prevention, apprenticeships, etc.
- Maintain excellent relationship with everyone on the project to understand and resolve issues and queries
- With the HR team manage any people issues including grievances, disciplinary, performance management and commendations
- Deliver HSQE support to the projects including site inspections, accident and incident investigation, staff briefings
- Identify and pursue new business leads and opportunities
- seek out information on future client requirements
- operations managers
- works managers
- resourcing and compliance teams
|Client / customer focus|
Use an understanding of the needs of internal and external clients to identify solutions and drive actions
Acting in an honest, respectful and sensitive manner to convince others to support objectives
Able to appreciate the feelings and concerns of others; able to keep emotions under control when faced with opposition
Strategy and planning
Able to articulate the value of the organisation and the work it delivers
Demonstrate confidence in the ability of others; foster an environment that will encourage professional and personal growth (in self and colleagues)
Understand where knowledge gaps exist; actively keep up to date with relevant developments
Build and maintain friendly, trusting and open internal and external relationships and networks
|Achieving through commitment:|
Generate results by taking responsibility for personal performance; recognise and act on opportunities, efficiently and at the right time, deliver on promises and strive to outperform
|Teamwork and team leadership:|
Work collaboratively; participate as an active team member or leader to achieve team goals
Analyse situations from a variety of viewpoints and find workable solutions
|Innovation and adaptability:|
Generate fresh thinking, contribute to activities that have not been tried before; able to flex approach as situations change
|Tenacity and resilience:|
Determined to achieve desired outcomes in the face of setbacks or obstacles; maintain effective performance under pressure
The VGC Group has been providing trades and labour to the construction and rail industries for nearly 60 years. We supply over 1,400 staff on major infrastructure projects across the UK including HS2, Crossrail, Hinkley Point, Sellafield and Heathrow.
Our people embody our values of
- delivering excellent quality to our customers
- maintaining the highest safety standards
- maintaining respect for our people and clients
- being sustainable in the way we deliver our services.
Our continued success is based on supporting our customers through outperformance. We understand our customers’ needs and we deliver a service that meets and exceeds their requirements. We innovate and adapt to ensure that we are setting the standards for our industry.