VGC awards list
Clients and industry have recognised the excellent work by VGC people with a number of prestigious awards.
We are tremendously proud of our teams around the UK and the work they do.
This page lists only the awards given to VGC Group as a company: our excellent people have received too many individual awards to list on one page. A number of these individual awards are noted on the relevant project pages. They have also been celebrated on social media, in our staff update, and in our Outperformance newsletter.
Health, safety and environment awards
- Awarded Costain Blue status at Crossrail Bond Street station for three quarters running.
- Network Rail STAR award for health, safety and environment (with a score of 97%) in Aug 2016 for Crossrail Anglia
- A second Network Rail STAR award in December 2016 for track drainage project at Crossrail Anglia
- Network Rail and Costain contractor monthly safety award in Aug 2016 at Crossrail Anglia
- Health and safety supplier forum award in Aug 2016 and again in December 2016 for Crossrail Whitechapel (BBMV)
- TfL LU Beacon award July 2016 for the Farringdon signal equipment room project
- ‘Safety Contractor of the Year’ at Crossrail Bond Street station works 2014 and again in 2015 (scheme not run in 2016) awarded by Costain Skanska JV
- Subcontractor of the Year 2012 award for safety on M25 section 4 (Skanska Balfour Beatty)
- Atkins SAG (Safety Action Group) safety award in January 2015 for East Kent resignalling phase 2 project
- Subcontractor HSE award August 2014 for M1 junction 19 improvement project
- Subcontractor safety league for Ferrovial Agroman In Sept and Oct 2015 for Heathrow Bravo taxiway works
- Balfour Beatty’s Track Partnership supplier performance league table for Jan 2015; top of close call league table in May and June 2016
- RoSPA Gold award 2012
- Zero Harm award Balfour Beatty Civil Engineering 2012
- Gold status with Supply Chain Sustainability School awarded in Jan 2016
- Infrastructure 21 award for Training Excellence 2015 (CECA New Civil Engineer)
- NSARE (National Skills Academy for Railway Engineering – now called NSAR) outstanding training award 2014
- shortlisted in the Training and Development category of UKRIA (UK Rail Industry Awards) 2015
- Crossrail Sustainability award for maximising employment opportunities Aug 2016
- Shortlisted (one of eight and the only labour supply company to be shortlisted) for Construction News ‘Employer of the Year’ 2015 award
- Shortlisted (one of nine companies) for the Construction Investing in Talent awards ‘Best Place to Work’ 2016
- Shortlisted (one of only two companies) for the Construction Investing in Talent awards ‘Best Retention Strategy’ 2016
- Shortlisted for UKRIA corporate social responsibility award in 2017
- Shortlisted for Construction News Diversity Champion award in 2017