VGC awards list
Clients and industry have recognised the excellent work by VGC people with a number of prestigious awards.
We are tremendously proud of our teams around the UK and the work they do.
This page lists only the awards given to VGC Group as a company. Some of the individual awards given by our clients are listed on the health and safety awards page. Such awards are also celebrated on social media, in our staff update, and in our Outperformance newsletter.
Health, safety and environment awards
- Two further Network Rail STAR awards were received in 2018 after Crossrail’s senior construction manager assessed our projects at Gidea Park and Shenfield.
- ‘250 club’ acknowledgement by Balfour Beatty Vinci JV for our team on the M6 junction 2-4 smart motorway upgrade in summer 2018.
- Our team at Goodmayes won a Crossrail Anglia SHE award from client Costain in summer 2018.
- Rob Barnard’s team won a third Network Rail star jointly with Costain in 2017, also for works on the north-east spur of Crossrail Anglia.
- Awarded Costain Blue status at Crossrail Bond Street station for three quarters running over 2016-2017.
- Subcontractor of the month awards in March and April 2017 from Costain on the Crossrail Anglia contract
- ‘250 club’ acknowledgement by Balfour Beatty Vinci JV for our team on the M5 junction 4a – 6 smart motorway project in May 2017.
- Network Rail STAR award for health, safety and environment (with a score of 97%) in Aug 2016 for Crossrail Anglia
- A second Network Rail STAR award in December 2016 for track drainage project at Crossrail Anglia
- Network Rail and Costain contractor monthly safety award in Aug 2016 at Crossrail Anglia
- Health and safety supplier forum award three times running from Aug 2016 to April 2017 for Crossrail Whitechapel (BBMV)
- TfL LU Beacon award July 2016 for the Farringdon signal equipment room project
- ‘Safety Contractor of the Year’ at Crossrail Bond Street station works 2014 and again in 2015 – awarded by Costain Skanska JV. The safety acknowledgement system changed in 2016; we continue to top the table.
- Gold status with Supply Chain Sustainability School awarded in Jan 2016
- Atkins SAG (Safety Action Group) safety award in January 2015 for East Kent resignalling phase 2 project
- Subcontractor HSE award in August 2014 from client Skanska for the M1 junction 19 improvement project.
- Subcontractor safety league for Ferrovial Agroman in Sept and Oct 2015 for Heathrow Bravo taxiway works
- Balfour Beatty’s Track Partnership supplier performance league table for Jan 2015; top of close call league table in May and June 2016
- Subcontractor of the Year 2012 award for safety on M25 section 4 (Skanska Balfour Beatty) and a safety award for the M25 section 5 works.
- RoSPA Gold award 2012
- Zero Harm award Balfour Beatty Civil Engineering 2012
- Infrastructure 21 award for Training Excellence 2015 (CECA New Civil Engineer)
- NSARE (National Skills Academy for Railway Engineering – now called NSAR) outstanding training award 2014, and gold status award in 2018.
- shortlisted in the Training and Development category of UKRIA (UK Rail Industry Awards) 2015
- Women into Construction support award received September 2018
- Skanska infrastructure supply chain award: ‘Act Ethically and Transparently’ Sept 2018
- In October 2018 we were shortlisted for the Institute of Recruitment Professionals award for Corporate and Social Responsibility Practitioner of the Year.
- Shortlisted for CECA Inspiring Change award May 2018 (workplace category)
- Crossrail Sustainability award for maximising employment opportunities Aug 2016
- Our collaborative work with Costain and Network Rail was one of six project shortlisted by Rail Media in 2017 for the Most Interesting development in support equipment award.
- Shortlisted (one of eight and the only labour supply company to be shortlisted) for Construction News ‘Employer of the Year’ 2015 award
- Shortlisted (one of nine companies) for the Construction Investing in Talent awards ‘Best Place to Work’ 2016
- Shortlisted (one of only two companies) for the Construction Investing in Talent awards ‘Best Retention Strategy’ 2016
- Shortlisted for UKRIA corporate social responsibility award in 2017
- Shortlisted for Construction News Diversity Champion award in 2017