At this month’s company meeting, Chairman Sean Fitzpatrick, Managing Director Laurence McKidd, Group Services Director Ciara Pryce and HR Manager Laura Perry updated everyone on the last six months.
They discussed progress against our corporate objectives and mentioned some key achievements.
- VGC Labour Solutions has established a strong presence on the Edinburgh-Glasgow improvement project (EGIP). Projects on the Mersey Gateway and London Underground are making good progress, and the Morgan Sindall labour desk is going well.
- VGC Rail Projects met the Easter commissioning for civils on the East Kent resignalling project, and the Network Rail provisional principal contractor’s licence has been extended, as has the rail delivery contract.
- VGC Construction has had commendations from clients at the University of Surrey and the Earls Court London Power Tunnels projects.
- VGC Personnel has an expanded team and their client base has grown by 200% since last November.
- Cole Hire has enlarged the fleet and had a very positive comments in their audit from the British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association.
- We are building awareness of VGC within the industry with digital and social media and advertising in carefully selected publications.
Safe and healthy communities:
We continue to build on the Be Safe by Choice programme, with eleven new key influencers. Our new safety inspection report form will improve safety, and we have held two health check days. Nine staff have signed up for a health and fitness challenge.
We are appointing waste champions and will be ready for the energy saving opportunity scheme which starts in December. We received the Infrastructure 21 Training award. Staff have raised nearly £6K so far for our charity Leukaemia & Lymphoma Research.
Our challenges are to manage risks and continue to be profitable so we can invest in people and in the business.
We finished with congratulations to people who received five-year long service awards, and to John, Steven and Will on their promotions.