We’re hiring – SEE (skills, employment and education) co-ordinator
We’re looking for an innovative and creative SEE (skills, employment and education) co-ordinator.
- support our CSR manager and wider recruitment and resourcing teams
- deliver SEE programmes that will promote the construction industry and achieve diverse candidates for construction projects across the UK
- Report and analyse performance against social value metrics
Delivery manager, labour manager, resource and compliance team, client SEE/EDI teams
Pipeline creation, recruitment, on-boarding
- Work with delivery manager and client SEE and EDI (equality, diversity and inclusion) teams to identify project recruitment and community engagement strategy
- Maintain relationships with local employment partnerships and stakeholder including charities, colleges, JobCentre Plus and training providers
- Support delivery of employability and engagement programmes for under-represented groups. This will include ex-offenders, military and women
- Support resourcing team in coordinating and participating in recruitment events
- Identify innovative ways of engaging with new candidates
- Monitor new entry roles – including progression through the workforce and pastoral support
- Monitor successful outcomes, celebrate successes, and provide monthly data
Learning and development
- Support development and delivery of targeted schools programme – including virtual work experience programmes
- Coordinate work experience and internship programmes
- Undertake FIR (fairness, inclusion and respect), modern slavery, EDI training
Employee engagement and management
- Prepare staff communications, case studies, website updates and literature about CSR programmes and success stories
- Prepare weekly social media posts or adverts
- Actively involved in charity committee and fundraising events
- Coordinate the ‘Go beyond and give back’ volunteering programme and provide data
Data and information systems
Collate social value data to monitor effectiveness of SEE programmes
- Prepare social value reports
- Prepare monthly EDI reports
- Collate all new starter data
Policies, procedures and reporting
Involved in the updates of the CSR, social value and sustainability procedures and annual reports
- Experience of working with schools delivering assemblies – desirable
- Experience of working with charitable organisations– desirable
- Experience of working with disadvantaged people – desirable
- Modern slavery awareness – desirable
- STEM ambassador (can be arranged)
- Good working knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Able to use social media platforms
- Good presentation skills
- Supply Chain Sustainability School programmes (can be arranged):
- – Fairness, inclusion and respect
- – Understanding of the Equality Act 2010 and Social Value Act
- Marketing, networking and communications experience
Key skill requirements and competencies
Full time, permanent
- 25 days holiday – plus eight bank holidays
- Development opportunities: Whether you’re early in your career or an experienced professional, VGC provides you with everything you need to excel in your job and for personal growth. You will be actively encouraged to increase your skillset and to attend relevant events including the VGC Academy behavioural competency development programmes, as well as technical development.
- Workplace pension scheme
- Staff parties, fundraising activities, charity raffles, staff awards
- Long service awards
- Volunteering with the local community
- On site parking
- Monday – Thursday 08:30 – 17:30
Friday – 08:30 – 17:00
- One hour lunch
- VGC provides skilled people and delivers projects to the civil engineering, rail, highways, utilities and nuclear sectors.
- We are currently on major infrastructure projects including HS2, Thames Tideway, Sellafield, and Crossrail with the largest tier 1 contractors.
- VGC offers you an excellent working environment, with enthusiastic colleagues who get along very well, communicate and cooperate with each other. Our working climate is informal, but we work hard.
- As well as great terms of employment, VGC offers you the opportunity to work in a responsible and challenging job within a dynamic and ambitious environment.
- We are all proud to be part of the construction of some of the UKs most important infrastructure. We all share the same passion and dedication to the company.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
- VGC is an equal opportunities employer.
- We ensure equality of opportunity, a diverse workforce that is representative of all demographics and backgrounds and inclusive business practices to enable our people to thrive.
- We are committed to making reasonable adjustments in order to support candidates through the recruitment, onboarding and ongoing employment processes.
- We actively promote the fairness, inclusion and respect (FIR) programme.
What happens next
Please submit your CV to Kimberley.McGinty@vgcgroup.co.uk by Monday 6 September 2021.