- October 2018
- March 2019
- Balfour Beatty Living Places
- VGC contract value
- £1 million
VGC Projects delivered part of the Bell Foundry Lane upgrade project on behalf of client Balfour Beatty for Wokingham borough council.
- 1200m drainage (filter and carrier)
- 800 – 1000m combined cycle and pedestrian walkway
- Road widening 600m of carriageway
- 1000m of street lighting works
Bell Foundry Lane is being improved as part of the North Wokingham distributor road between the roundabout on Twyford Road and the Thames Water sewage treatment works.
The quality of works and the positive relationship with the council was noted by several members of the client team.
As a result, VGC has been awarded a contract for a park and ride scheme in the Thames Valley, with the same delivery team specifically requested by the client.