The VGC Group is looking to recruit talented graduate civil engineers for our 2014 programme.
You will work within VGC Rail Projects and VGC Construction on various contracts throughout the south east region. Our graduates, through a process of continuous professional development, will be fast tracked to project manager level.
We are looking for civil engineers who can think creatively and be proactive. You will stay close to our clients to identify and deliver innovative solutions, to ensure that projects are delivered to the highest standards, on cost and on time.
We look for graduate civil engineers with a minimum of 2:1 in Civil Engineering. You’ll need to be a team player with the communication skills to build vibrant relationships with clients. You should be committed to a career in civil engineering, with a genuine drive to learn and explore new boundaries.
The scheme consists of a two year programme. Graduates will spend time in all areas of the business including production (VGC Rail Projects / VGC Construction), commercial, estimating, procurement and HSQE to gain the knowledge required to assist you in your accelerated progression. You will undertake a development programme including formal management skills training whilst gaining ‘hands on’ experience in all aspects of the business. Following completion of the programme, with our guidance, you will be in a position to go forward for professional membership to the ICE and manage small projects of your own.
Senior individuals within the business will monitor your progress and we will support you in achieving professional and/or other appropriate qualifications.
You will need to be an excellent communicator who is confident and socially bold, with the ability to quickly build rapport, influence others and challenge the status quo. You will be a passionate individual who wants to be the best, get things done and make a difference!
Applications are invited from B Eng. and M Eng. graduates with a 1st or 2:1 degree. Your A Level grades (or equivalent) will be taken into account.
Training placements and projects will be predominantly in the Ruislip office and projects around the south east so mobility and flexibility are essential.
All applicants must be eligible to work permanently in the UK.
- Start date – September 2014 (earlier date can be agreed)
- Degree – minimum 2: 1
- Full and clean driver’s licence required (3 points or less)
- Positions available – 2
- Salary and benefits – £23,500 plus benefits – pension, access to vehicle (or car allowance), 20 days holiday (increasing to 25 days) plus bank holidays, mobile phone, laptop,
- Application form – You must complete the Application Form and submit your CV to email@example.com no later than Friday 28 February 2014 at 13.00 hours. Any application received after this time will not be considered.
- Telephone interview – Week commencing 17 March 2013
- Face to face interview – including 10 minute presentation on final year dissertation project – Week commencing 7 April 2013.