Site / Section Engineer
£350 – £400 per day
Duration: 12 months contract +
We have a fantastic opportunity working with a Tier 1 contractor on a long term contract basis. They are requiring a Section Engineer on one a highways project. This will be working with an ever growing team based in Carlisle.
Responsibilities for the Section Engineer:
- Ensure all permits ready for site work to commence
- Ensure the Inspection and Test Plans, and Quality Check Sheets are completed as soon as the checks can be completed
- Setting out and surveying
- Managing subcontractors
- Manage distribution of information
- Write and Approve method statements and risk assessments and ensure they are being followed throughout the works
- Liaising with the client and other key stakeholders
- Checking design drawings and reporting any issues or inconsistencies
- Liaise with other Sections to ensure a smooth flow of work.
- Regularly review procedures to ensure they are as efficient as possible.
Requirements for the Section Engineer:
- Degree educated in a civil engineering discipline, or equivalent experience
- Previous heavy civil project experience
- Highways Passport
- Previous highways experience
- Previous tier one contractor experience (desirable)
If you are interested the please do upload your most up to date copy of your CV and one of the team will be in touch.
“VGC Personnel are acting as an employment business for this vacancy”