Payroll administrators – apprenticeship opportunity
We are expanding our payroll operations, so we are looking for two payroll administrators.
They will support the payroll team in processing a complex and fluctuating weekly payroll.
Following several recent contract wins, the number of timesheets will increase rapidly over the next 18 months, so we are building capacity and capability within the team.
In this role, you will provide administration support to specific construction projects.
You’ll be responsible for reviewing incoming timesheets – checking quality, dates and approvers. Then you’ll input all hours for workers onto the timesheet system. You’ll also audit check the hours for accuracy.
In addition, you will
- process weekly holiday requests
- provide administration support to the payroll assistants
- process court orders and statutory payments.
You will also help to manage the payroll inbox, allocating queries to the right team members. For your projects, you will respond promptly to worker questions.
You may also be required to support the finance team.
- You will work closely with the payroll assistants.
- The role will also involve liaising closely with site staff and labour managers, answering questions and giving clear and coherent advice.
- Good numeracy skills
- Able to take on multiple tasks and queries
- Logical approach
- Excellent attention to detail
- Willingness to take on challenges in a fast-moving environment
- MS Excel experience preferable
- Experience of working in a weekly payroll is preferable but not essential.
You will want to work and develop within the payroll function.
- Full time: 08:30 – 17:30 Monday to Thursday, 08:30 – 17:00 Friday, with a one-hour lunch break
- Based in our head office in Ruislip.
At VGC we believe strongly in helping everyone to achieve their potential. Development opportunities include:
- The VGC Academy core programme of behavioural competency development
- Fairness, inclusion and respect e-learning run by the Supply Chain Sustainability School
- Level 2 apprenticeship in business administration, or level 3 in payroll administration.
Register on our website form. Please put ‘Payroll administrators’ in the Skills and qualifications box, and upload your CV.