VGC Rail Projects
We deliver civil engineering, infrastructure and signalling support projects for the rail industry, using a structured and collaborative approach to meet the specific needs of each client.
With over 20 years experience in the rail industry, we can design, construct, install, test and commission to your requirements. Our competent and motivated project delivery teams are experienced in a wide range of railway disciplines and have the skills and knowledge to anticipate the needs of an everchanging industry.
Areas of proven expertise:
- Management and operation of Network Rail’s S&C and Rail delivery fleet management – delivering lengths of rail up to 216m long across the UK since 2002
- Civil engineering construction work for railway signalling and electrification projects, including signal post foundations, equipment bases, drivers’ walkways and retaining walls. We undertake cable route installation including undertrack and underroad crossings and associated cablelaying. Other work includes foundations for larger structures, piling works, construction of equipment buildings and signalling control rooms. For example Crossrail West outer signalling renewals to upgrade and improve existing infrastructure for Crossrail
- Railway signalling modification and installation work in conjunction with specialist design consultants, such as our work on East Kent re-signalling phase 2 including around 33km of cable route and twelve under-track crossings.
- Refurbishment and upgrade of station facilities and platforms eg Waterloo and City line station refurbishment to meet current passenger demands and safety standards.
- Recovery of assets and materials from redundant railway lines for either reuse or recycling as scrap eg Clipstone and Derby.
- As part of specific project requirements, VGC undertakes environmental site investigations, feasibility studies and statutory consents. We also carry out invasive weed management, pest control, graffiti removal, waste management and pollution control and prevention.
VGC Training – recently awarded an ‘outstanding’ status by the National Skills Academy for Rail Engineering – maintains and develops staff skill levels, responding quickly to training and competency management needs.
VGC Rail Projects holds a Principal Contractor and Plant Operator’s licence, has RISQS (formerly Achilles), and full Achilles Building Confidence accreditation and works for Network Rail, London Underground and their supply chains.
For more information about how we can support your projects:Get in touch