Mental health and wellbeing policy
At VGC we believe that the mental health and wellbeing of our staff is key to organisational success and sustainability.
- Build and maintain a workplace environment and culture that supports mental health, overall health and wellbeing, and prevents discrimination (including bullying and harassment).
- Increase employee knowledge and awareness of mental health and wellbeing issues and behaviours.
- Reduce stigma around depression and anxiety in the workplace.
- Develop a programme of initiatives for identified at-risk areas.
- Facilitate employees’ participation in initiatives that support mental health and wellbeing.
- Provide the training and resources to deliver these initiatives.
- Provide support for those affected by wellbeing issues.
- Signpost people to Samaritans for help when appropriate.
This policy applies to all employees of VGC Group including contractors.
- Understand this policy. Please ask your manager if you are unsure about anything.
- Make sure fellow workers are aware of our policy.
- Support and contribute to our aim of providing a mentally healthy and supportive environment for all workers.
- Take reasonable care of their own mental health and wellbeing, including physical health.
- Take reasonable care that their actions do not affect the health and safety of other people in the workplace.
- Share issues with their line manager in confidence if these may affect their wellbeing or ability to undertake duties, or which could put others at risk.
- You can get support from Samaritans (call free on 116 123 or email email@example.com ).
- In an emergency, or if someone is vulnerable, please call 999.
Managers have a responsibility to:
- Ensure that everyone who works for and on behalf of VGC is made aware of this policy.
- Support and contribute to the implementation of this policy.