Mental health and wellbeing policy
At VGC we aim to promote and maintain the mental health and wellbeing of our staff.
We believe this is key to organisational success and sustainability.
- Build and maintain a workplace environment and culture that supports mental health, overall health and wellbeing, and prevents discrimination (including bullying and harassment)
- Increase employee knowledge and awareness of mental health and wellbeing issues and behaviours
- Reduce stigma around depression and anxiety in the workplace
- Develop a programme of initiatives for identified at-risk areas
- Facilitate employees’ participation in initiatives that support wellbeing and mental health
- Provide training and resources to deliver these initiatives
- Provide support for those affected by wellbeing issues
- Signpost people to sources of help when appropriate.
- To encourage the use of our professional Partnership in the event that a crisis occurs and the contact details are available to all.
- Understand this policy and seek clarification from management if needed.
- Support and contribute to providing a mentally healthy and supportive environment for all workers
- Take reasonable care of their own mental health and wellbeing, including physical health
- Take reasonable care that their actions do not affect the health and safety of other people in the workplace
- Share issues with their line manager in confidence if these may affect their wellbeing or ability to undertake duties, or which could put others at risk
- You can get support from Samaritans (call free on 116 123 or email email@example.com ).
- In an emergency, or if someone is vulnerable, please call 999.
Managers have a responsibility to:
- Ensure that all who are working for/on behalf of VGC are made aware of this policy
- Actively support and contribute to the implementation of this policy, including its goals
- Manage the implementation and review of this policy.
Laurence Mckidd, chief executive officer