Social distancing to keep everyone safe
Wherever possible, please communicate by phone or email rather than face-to-face. This is a difficult time for everyone, so don’t stop talking to friends, family and colleagues, but do it in a way that keeps everyone safe. That way we’ll stop the virus spreading too fast for the NHS to cope with.
Please remember that we all need to:
- Avoid contact with someone who has symptoms of coronavirus – a high temperature and/or new and continuous cough.
- Avoid travelling, especially on public transport, as much as possible.
- Work from home if you can. That’s not possible for everyone!
- Keep in touch with friends and family using the phone, internet or social media.
- If you need to find out about health or other essential services, look online eg NHS 111 online.
Remember to wash your hands regularly with soap and water, and particularly after you’ve been to the toilet and before you eat.