VGC played multiple roles in the Channel Tunnel and Channel Tunnel Rail Link projects, also known as HS1.
- Over 200 VGC people worked on the civil engineering works between Rainham and Dagenham dock for Morgan Sindall Vinci.
- We built short tunnels from Stratford to Kings Cross for Skanska.
- We supplied specialist teams to lay the concrete-embedded track along the route and in the tunnel for client Tarmac.
- Our teams also created new track and signalling on the rail link through to Kings Cross St Pancras.
- We laid more than 12 miles of track past the Medway for client Amey.
- We also provided infrastructure for cabling along part of the rail link route, and (picture) helped to build the 1.3km long Medway rail viaduct.
Read more about the project on the Arup website.
Since HS1, we have continued to provide technical and professional staff, as well as skilled trades and labour, to high-profile civil engineering and rail projects such as Mersey Gateway and Crossrail.
We have also won awards for our managed projects such as the two Network Rail stars for work sections for Costain on Crossrail Anglia.
Looking ahead to HS2
VGC is well-placed to provide contracts for skilled trades and labour, technical and professional staff, and specialist support services on HS2. If you would like to discuss how we can meet your construction staff and project needs, please contact us.