Health Safety Administrator
Location – Southampton
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to establish a career within health and safety. Reporting to the Health and Safety Manager/Environmental Manager you will be accountable for the provision of administration support for the SHE department.
- Working with the SHE team to provide administrational support as required
- Managing the administration and coordination of the site induction process; including record keeping, pre-employment checks, coordination of D&A booking and administration.
- Maintaining an up-to-date record of the training matrix for the project team
- Updating the notice boards in the office and across the projects
- Maintaining a suitable filing system for all site health and safety records/permits
- Ensure that suitable consumable items are ordered including; D&A kits, site permit books, induction cards, Gain Time consumables etc.
- Recording site inspection forms on the document management system
- Maintaining all the required records of training, accidents, health appraisals, inspections, briefings for the project
- Maintaining a log of all observations reports and inspection actions and closing actions raised.
- Sending out a weekly log of all open inspection actions and all open observation actions
- Key Performance Indicator reporting.
- Assist with the booking of venues for meetings for the SHE department
- You will need experience of working within a health and safety department
- Knowledge of NEBOSH is advantageous
- strong communication skills both written and verbal
- You will have excellent time management skills with the ability to multi task, well-presented and demonstrate a professional approach with a can do attitude to ensure the team