Health and Safety Advisor
Location – Southampton
Rate – Competitive
My client is currently in the market for an experienced Health and Safety Advisor to join their team and work on a large Highways project.
- Actively promote Safety, Health and Environmental aspects leading and setting a good example to other employees and stakeholders.
- Work closely with the operational teams in carrying out their roles and SHE responsibilities.
- Provide timely and affective operational SHE support and advice to the business unit.
- Assist the operational teams in developing Risk Assessments and Safe Systems of Work.
- Support the operational teams in developing and reviews RAMS.
- Conduct regular and robust health and safety Inspections & Audits.
- Ensure all accidents, incidents and near misses are reported quickly and are also effectively investigated, contributing to Incident Review Boards and Incident Review Panels.
- Ensure operational compliance to approved SHE procedures.
- Ensure that all SHE reporting requirements are provided accurately and in a timely manner.
- Assist Management teams in the development of health and safety related documents.
- Advise and assist in the identification of health and safety training requirements.
- Undertake and plan D&A Testing.
- To implement and comply with all legal requirements, Safety Management Systems, Client requirements and best practice.
- Ensure the Group is compliant with all SHE: statutory requirements, accredited processes and procedures, and contract specific requirements.
- Manage the reporting and review of SHE accidents / incidents on the contract.
- Support the assessment of staff to ensure capacity, capability and competency are maintained.
- Comply with HR policies, procedures, and Values.
- Ensure all new starters are inducted appropriately.
- Previous highways project experience as a health and safety advisor is a must
- NEBOSH Certificate (preferably Construction) or equivalent.
- Membership of relevant professional institution (e.g., Tech IOSH or above).
- Environmental qualification (IEMA or equivalent).
- Auditing qualification.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
This is a great opportunity but there will be a lot of competition for this position so if you are interested or know someone that is, please don’t hesitate to apply.
We look forward to hearing from you soon.
“VGC Personnel are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy”.