£400 – £450 per day
Location: Newsham, Northumberland
Duration: 12 months contract +
We have a fantastic opportunity working with a Tier 1 contractor on a long term contract basis. They are requiring a Senior Engineer on one of the UKs largest rail projects. This will be working with an ever growing team based in Newsham.
Responsibilities for the Senior Engineer:
- Ensure all permits ready for site work to commence
- Ensure the Inspection and Test Plans, and Quality Check Sheets are completed as soon as the checks can be completed
- Setting out and surveying
- Managing subcontractors
- Manage distribution of information
- Write and Approve method statements and risk assessments and ensure they are being followed throughout the works
- Liaising with the client and other key stakeholders
- Checking design drawings and reporting any issues or inconsistencies
- Liaise with other Sections to ensure a smooth flow of work.
- Regularly review procedures to ensure they are as efficient as possible.
Requirements for the Senior Engineer:
- Degree educated in a civil engineering discipline, or equivalent experience
- Previous heavy civil project experience
- Previous rail experience
- Previous tier one contractor experience (desirable)