Senior Mechanical Project Engineer
Due to a rapidly filling order book, we are currently looking to hire a Senior Mechanical Project Engineer, you will be the vital link between the customer and the delivery of physical and technical elements of the projects you work upon. Your primary focus will be working closely with our on-site Project Delivery team to provide the detailed day-to-day management and logistical aspects associated with mechanical projects being designed, fabricated, and installed on site.
- Attend regular project progress and design review meetings as required.
- Contribute to project planning activities and to track progress for all mechanical bias activities on-site.
- Produce Bill of Materials from drawings for estimating and purchasing.
- To undertake site surveys and production of sketches to aid costing or design.
- Contribute to cost reduction and value engineering on projects.
- Work cohesively and communicate effectively with departments including Engineering, Manufacturing, Labour, and onward supply chain.
- Work with the client’s team members to ensure clear and consistent communication is provided as the customers residential engineering provider on-site.
- Ensure that manufacture of equipment and installation of pipework systems is correct to specification.
- Liaise with and co-ordinate subcontractors, such as insulation, structural etc.
- Contribute to the estimating process using QA templates.
- To identify and to appropriately capture project variations.
- Work in accordance with Quality Assurance systems and processes to ensure quality standards are met.
- Ensure that the project specific quality, and legislative, requirements are met.
- Regular attendance in the on-site workshop areas will be required to keep track of ongoing projects and to provide guidance to the manufacturing team.
- You may, on occasions, be required to carry out additional duties, within the context of this job and according to company needs.
Skills & Experience:
- HNC or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience working with piping systems and vessels.
- Experience working in hygienic industries (i.e. food, beverage, pharmaceutical).
- Has experience using MS Project or similar.
- Can interpret engineering drawings, P&ID’s & PFD’s
Experience in estimating / quoting mechanical bias activities, including but not limited to pipework, guarding, platforms, stairways, conveying, valve manifolds, pre-built skids, pressure systems such as compressed air, steam, condensate, chilled water etc.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent