As usual, we’ll be working hard to make sure everyone gets the right pay for Christmas 2019.
VGC’s offices will close in the afternoon of Friday 20 December.
The offices will reopen on Thursday 2 January 2020.
These are our arrangements for payments over the holidays for our weekly paid staff.
For most projects, we will pay up to 10 days’ holiday on Friday 13 December.
If you have fewer than 10 days left in your holiday fund, we will pay all your holiday balance that you have built up.
If you are working on the Sellafield or Hinkley Point projects, your holidays will be paid on Friday 20 December in line with the CIJC contract.
Wages for week 38 (week ending 22 December 2019)
- Your pay will be processed on Friday 3 January 2020.
- The money will be credited to your account on Tuesday 7 January.
Week 39 (week ending 29 December)
- Your pay will be processed on Tuesday 7 January 2020.
- The money will be in your account on Friday 10 January 2020.
Week 40 (week ending 5 January 2020)
- We will process your pay on Wednesday 8 January 2020.
- Your wages will be in your account on Friday 10 January 2020.
The payroll team will be working as hard as they can to get everyone’s wages correct.
We have to process pay for more than 1,200 staff, so please be patient with us!
We can’t answer the phone while we are calculating payroll. We do want to help, but we have to get the wages right for everyone, so if you have questions please:
- talk to your labour manager or supervisor
- wait until Monday 13 January when we hope to have time to answer individual questions.
Don’t lose your holiday
Remember, if you have extra holiday that you have not booked, you must take it, or you may lose it – we can not carry holiday over to next year. To book annual leave, go to the online leave request form.
Our offices will reopen at 8.30am on Thursday 2 January 2020.
If you need to contact a VGC manager or mental health first-aider during the holidays, see the list of who is on call.