As usual, we’ll be working hard to make sure everyone gets the right pay for Christmas 2018.
VGC’s offices will close in the afternoon of Friday 21 December.
The offices will reopen on Wednesday 2 January 2019.
These are our arrangements for payments over the holidays.
If you have leave booked over Christmas:
- For most projects, we will pay up to a maximum of 10 days’ holiday pay on Friday 14 December.
- If you are currently working on the Sellafield or Hinkley Point projects, your holidays will be paid Friday 21 December in line with CIJC.
- If you have fewer than 10 days in your holiday fund, you will be paid all the holiday that you have accrued (built up).
Week 38 (week ending 16 December)
- Your pay will be processed on Wednesday 19 December 2018.
- The money will be in your account on Friday 21 December 2018.
Week 39 (week ending 23 December)
- Your pay will be processed on Wednesday 2 January 2019.
- The money will be in your account on Friday 4 January 2019.
Week 40 (week ending 30 December)
- We will process your pay on Monday 7 January 2019.
- Your wages will be in your account on Wednesday 9 January 2019.
Week 41 (week ending 6 January)
- The team will process your pay on Wednesday 9 January.
- Payment will be in your account on Friday 11 January.
The payroll staff will be working as hard as they can to get everyone’s pay correct.
We have to process pay for more than 1,200 staff, so please be patient with us!
We can’t answer the phone while we are calculating payroll. We do want to help, but we have to get the wages right for everyone, so if you have questions please:
- talk to your labour manager or supervisor
- wait until Thursday 10 January when we hope to have time to answer individual questions.
Don’t lose your holiday
Remember, if you have extra holiday that you have not booked, you must take it, or you may lose it – we can not carry holiday over to next year. To book annual leave, go to the online leave request form.