As usual, we’ll be working hard to make sure everyone gets the right pay for Christmas 2020.
VGC’s offices will close in the afternoon of Wednesday 23 December.
The offices will reopen on Monday 4 January 2020.
These are our arrangements for payments over the holidays for our weekly paid staff.
For most projects, we will pay up to 10 days’ holiday on Friday 11 December.
If you are working on the Sellafield project, your holidays will be paid on Friday 18 December in line with the CIJC contract.
If you have fewer than 10 days left in your holiday fund, we will pay all your holiday balance that you have built up.
Wages for week 38 (week ending 20 December 2020)
- Timesheets need to be submitted on Monday 21 December.
- Wages will be processed on Tuesday 22 December 2020.
- The money will be credited to your account on Thursday 24 December.
Week 39 (week ending 27 December)
- Timesheets must be submitted by Monday 4 January.
- Your pay will be processed on Tuesday 5 January 2021.
- The money will be in your account on Thursday 7 January 2021.
Week 40 (week ending 3 January 2021)
- Timesheets need to be in by Tuesday 5 January.
- We will process your pay on Wednesday 6 January 2021.
- Your wages will be in your account on Friday 8 January 2021.
The payroll team will be working as hard as they can to get everyone’s wages correct.
We have to process pay for more than 1,200 staff, with extra complications from furlough, so please be patient with us!
We can’t answer the phone while we are calculating payroll. We do want to help, but we have to get the wages right for everyone, so if you have questions please:
- talk to your labour manager or supervisor
- email us on firstname.lastname@example.org rather than telephoning
If possible, please wait until after Monday 11 January to ask questions.
Don’t lose your holiday
Remember, if you have extra holiday that you have not booked, you must take it, or you may lose it – we can not carry holiday over to next year.
If you have been on furlough, you can take some of those days as holiday, and we will pay you the ‘top up’.
To book annual leave, go to the online leave request form.