|London - M25
The scope for bay 03 was similar to that for bay 02.
Earthworks required the embankment to be built out with a stepped formation detail. We used 1700t of imported aggregate to raise the ground level by 4m.
We made a drainage connection onto existing 900mm concrete pipe, 5.5m below existing ground level, using ‘titan’ excavation support boxes weighing 6.5 tonnes.
We installed pavement-quality concrete carriageway with steel reinforcement.
After paving, the final bright high-friction orange surface coating was applied.
We finished the project with white-lining, soft landscaping and fencing works. We also installed new driver information signs in the area.
Works on site have continued throughout the coronavirus outbreak.
Safety measures include:
- Reminder signs inside and outside offices
- Allowing just one person at a time into welfare facilities
- Regular careful cleaning of all touch surfaces
- Restrictions on the use of facilities by Highways England and Highways Agency traffic officers to reduce risks
- People are carefully spaced in the offices to maintain social distancing