If you would like some support with your mental health
Just as anyone can catch flu, anyone can experience a mental health problem.
Do not suffer alone: there are lots of sources of help and support.
- Speak to your line manager or workplace mental health champion. They can support with work challenges and direct you to a mental health first aider.
- We have six trained mental health first aiders as well as 30 on-site mental health champions. If you would like support, call
- Part of the VGC employee benefit scheme is the freephone Construction Worker Helpline: 8am – 8pm on 0808 801 0373
- Samaritans 24-hour free helpline: phone or text free 116 123 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The construction industry helpline, in partnership with Considerate Constructors Scheme, is there to support construction workers with stress, depression and anxiety issues. 0845 605 1956 or 0345 605 1956
- Mind – 0300 123 3393
- Contact your GP.