Equality, diversity and inclusion policy
VGC Value – “We look after each other” – Diversity is our strength
Our vision is to maintain a culture whereby everyone is included, differences are celebrated, and everybody knows that they are of equal value. Anyone working for VGC and its supply chain will feel comfortable expressing their true values regardless of who they are, where they come from or what their beliefs are. By promoting this culture, we believe that this will achieve business and personal success for all.
The VGC Group, and its associated companies are committed to the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment, employment, work, training, project management and service provision.
We are opposed to any form of less favourable treatment through direct or indirect discrimination, harassment or victimisation to employees, job applicants, contractors, suppliers, or training delegates based on the grounds of age, sex, disability, gender reassignment, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnerships, or any other groups that have traditionally been marginalised in society.
To achieve this VGC Group will:
- Promote equality, diversity, and inclusion for all.
- Ensure our systems and decision-making activities are non-discriminatory.
- Promote good relations between people from different communities and social groups by understanding the diversity of our workforce and engaging with local communities, agencies, training providers and colleges.
- Advertise job vacancies locally in order to recruit a workforce that is representative of the local population.
- Become an exemplary employer, adopting best practice approaches in the recruitment, development and treatment of our people.
- Become an exemplary training establishment, adopting best practice approaches towards training and assessment delegates.
- Measure, monitor and review the effectiveness of our equality, diversity and inclusion policy and procedures.
VGC treats personal data collected for reviewing equality in accordance with our data protection policy. Information about how data is used and the basis for processing is provided in our privacy notices.
This policy will be managed in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Laurence Mckidd, chief executive officer