Equality, diversity and inclusion policy
VGC is committed to the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI) in recruitment, employment, work, training, project management and service provision.
We are opposed to any form of less favourable treatment through direct or indirect discrimination, harassment or victimisation to employees, job applicants, contractors, suppliers or training delegates based on the grounds of age, sex, disability, gender reassignment, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnerships, or any other groups that have traditionally been marginalised in society.
To achieve this, we will:
- promote equality, diversity and inclusion for all
- work to eliminate unlawful discrimination
- promote good relations between people from different communities and social groups by understanding the diversity of our workforce and engaging with local communities, agencies, training providers and colleges
- advertise job vacancies locally in order to recruit a workforce that is representative of the local population
- become an exemplary employer, adopting best practice approaches in the recruitment, development and treatment of employees
- become an exemplary training establishment, adopting best practice approaches towards training and assessment delegates
- measure, monitor and review the impact of our policies and procedures.
This policy will be managed in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Laurence McKidd, managing director