Occupational health, safety, quality and environment policy
VGC Value – “We look after each other” – People are central to our success
VGC aims to deliver its business by achieving the highest standards of health and safety, ensuring the quality of services is right first time and that there is no negative impact upon the environment as a result of our activities.
This policy statement defines our commitment to all matters involving occupational health, safety, quality and the environment. We set out objectives to maintain a culture of continuous improvement to our health, safety, quality and environment performance.
Our integrated Business Management System (BMS) is based on the requirements of ISO 9001:2015, ISO 45001:2018, ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 50001:2018 which drives us to keep improving. Our BMS sets out how we:
- identify HSQE and business risks, appropriate controls, and opportunities for continuous improvement by setting of objectives, targets, training and communication
- develop procedures to help us to reduce risks to health, safety and the environment as far as reasonably practicable, by recognising and mitigating the causes of illness, injury, pollution and property damage
- comply with legislation and regulations including industrial standards, regulatory authority issue, third party and customer requirements
- ensure health and safety is not compromised by other business objectives
- provide adequate resources, training and information to manage and monitor HSQE
- encourage a behaviour-based culture that corrects negative behaviour and rewards outperformance
- empower and support staff and sub-contractors to stop or refuse to work if they think conditions or practices are unsafe
- adopt a sustainable social, economic, and environmental approach to the way we do business, to minimise our impact on the environment
- identify, control and reduce emissions, waste and inefficient use of resources and energy wherever possible
- promote consultation with our staff and other interested parties on the delivery and improvement of HSQE
- communicate this policy to all VGC staff, contractors and other relevant parties and make sure it is always available to everyone
This policy will be reviewed annually or as a result of changes to legislation, standards, best practice or company requirements. I trust that you will join us in a personal commitment to making VGC Group a safe and effective organisation.
Laurence Mckidd, chief executive officer
31 March 2023