Occupational health, safety, quality and environment policy
At VGC we are committed to health, safety, quality and the environment (HSQE).
We will not permit health and safety to be compromised by other objectives.
We want to ensure, as far as we can, the prevention of injury and ill health to everyone who may be affected by our activities: staff, contractors, and members of the public.
- assess the risks our activities present, and implement appropriate control measures
- produce policies, procedures and systems to ensure compliance with current legislation, rail, underground and other industry standards that are applicable to our activities
- improve HSQE performance by reducing accidental loss to a minimum, both in terms of personal injuries and ill health and in terms of security and damage to property
- apply a behaviour-based safety approach to our business
- measure our safety culture through the Network Rail Dimensions of Safety (DOS) tool
- adopt a sustainable social, economic and environmental approach to the way we do business, to minimise our impact on the environment
- provide adequate resources, training and information for the management of HSQE
- consult with staff, suppliers, clients and other interested parties to establish and maintain the highest quality HSQE standards and delivery in all VGC matters
- establish annual health, safety, quality and environmental objectives throughout our businesses, to maintain continuous improvement in accordance with ISO 9001:2015, ISO 45001:2018 and ISO 14001:2015
- measure our overall HSQE performance, behaviour and culture. Where identified, we will reward good safety practices and correct negative practice
- apply the worksafe process so no-one working on our behalf is expected to carry out any task which is unsafe.
This policy will be reviewed annually or as a result of changes to legislation, standards, best practice or company requirements. I trust that you will join us in a personal commitment to making VGC Group a safe and effective organisation.
Laurence Mckidd, managing director