Training and development policy
VGC supports the training and development needs of our people to ensure we have the skills and knowledge to meet the current and future requirements of our business.
We are committed to providing technical, health, safety, environmental, leadership, management and behavioural training to our people to ensure personal and professional growth. Our people are made aware of this policy at induction and thereafter through our performance management systems.
Our training and development values
- are driven by the values of the business in line with the company mission and values
- promote a culture of continuous learning, improvement and innovation
- are proactive in identifying employee training and skills development needs
- meet our statutory requirements to provide health, safety and environmental training
- select and procure effective external training partners
- evaluate the effectiveness of training and development in line with feedback from staff, business performance, clients and third parties
- promote continuous professional development.
Training and development responsibility, processes and support
- We encourage line managers to continually review and support their staff’s training and development needs
- We have procedures to identify, prioritise, communicate, plan, evaluate, verify and record all training, assessment and development events
- We use IT systems to record and flag up qualification expiry dates to ensure continuity of competence and qualifications.
Laurence Mckidd, managing director