Training and development policy
VGC Value – “We achieve potential” – We encourage career and personal growth.
VGC understands the development of its core asset, our people, is directly related to the continued development of our business. The VGC Academy invests in our workforce allowing them to enjoy work satisfaction, reach their full potential and achieve opportunities for promotion and career growth. We will ensure no discrimination exists when considering training and development opportunities.
VGC supports the training and development needs of our people to ensure we have the skills and knowledge to meet the current and future requirements of our business.
We are committed to providing technical, health, safety, environmental, vocational, apprenticeships, graduate development, leadership, management, and behavioural training to our people to ensure personal and professional growth. Our people are made aware of this policy at induction stage and thereafter through our performance management systems.
Our training and development values
- are driven by the mission and values of the business
- promote a culture of continuous learning, improvement, and innovation
- are proactive in the identification & development of training and skills needs
- meet our statutory requirements to provide health, safety and environmental training
- promote continuous professional development.
Training and development responsibility, processes and support
- We encourage line managers to continually review and support their staff’s training and development needs
- We have procedures in place to identify, prioritise, communicate, plan, evaluate, verify and record all training, assessment and development events whether provided by VGC, clients or third parties
- We have procedures to identify quality external training providers who maintain similar values to us
- We have IT systems in place to record and flag up qualification expiry dates to ensure continuity of competence and qualifications.
Laurence Mckidd, chief executive officer
31 March 2023